Visa requirements

Short term study visa (for up to 6 months or for up to 11 months)

On this visa you can:

  • do a short course of study (ie at our English School)
  • change language provider if both providers are licensed to sponsor students or accredited by Accreditation UK, Accreditation Body for Language Services, British Accreditation Council, Accreditation Service for International Colleges

On this visa you cannot: 

  • study at a state school
  • work, or carry out business
  • marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or a civil partnership
  • come to the UK specifically for private medical treatment
  • extend this visa
  • bring family members (‘dependants’) with you
  • get public funds

When you apply you will need to provide:

When you apply you will need to have:

Additional requirement for 11 month visa:

Students applying for this visa will be required to pay an immigration health surcharge of £150 per year as part of the visa application in order to accesshealthcare services in the UK and register for a Biometric Resident Permit (BRP)

To register for a BRP:

  • you will be issued a vignette in your passport when your application is successful
  • must travel within 30 days of your vignette being issues
  • you must collect their BRP within 10 days of arrival in the UK from a designated post office
  • our Student Services will be able to book your transport to collect your BRP

Read the guide for a full list of documents you can provide here.


Applications for short term visas (up to 6 months) cost £89

Applications for short term visas (up to 11 months) cost £170


Facebook   Instagram  Twitter